Following the Government measures to stem the spread of COVID‑19, the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ) is implementing preventive measures to ensure public safety at both of its reception desks.
Please note that these reception desks, located at 425, De Maisonneuve Ouest in Montréal, and 787 boulevard Lebourgneuf in Québec, are currently not accessible. However, there are document deposit boxes on the premises
Here is what you must do, depending on your situation:
Health Insurance Card
- If you already have a card, it is valid until the last day of the month of the expiry date indicated on it. For instance, if the expiry date is 2020 06, your card is valid until June 30, 2020.
- If you have received a renewal notice, complete and sign it, then mail it to C. P. 6600, succ. Terminus, Québec (Québec) G1K 7T3. Temporarily, no photo is required. Thank you for also not going to the offices of the Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ) for any RAMQ-related services.
- Exceptionally, an expired card will be accepted for urgent health care. However, we still advise you to order your card replacement form online or to call our client relations centre.
- If you have lost or damaged your card, or if it was stolen, use our online card replacement service.
- If you are newly settled in Québec and wish to register with the Québec Health Insurance Plan, call our client relations centre to obtain the necessary form.
Prescription drug insurance
- If you need prescription drugs and your card is expired, call our client relations centre.
- If you no longer have access to a private prescription drug insurance plan, you can register online with the Public Prescription Drug Insurance Plan or call our client relations centre.
If you need to go to a COVID-19 screening clinic, call 1 877 644-4545. You will be referred to a screening clinic where you will receive the test, whether or not you have a Health Insurance Card. For any question about COVID-19, go to Québec.ca