All the latest update about Covid -19 is posted here. Government of Canada’s information line for COVID-19
- COVID-19 update for June 30: 273 people in hospital, 17 deaths over seven days | NACI recommends fall booster shot in advance of possible wave – Vancouver SunCOVID-19 update for June 30: 273 people in hospital, 17 … Read more
- Coronavirus Update: Health officials warn of another COVID-19 wave, urge Canadians to get boosted – The Globe and MailCoronavirus Update: Health officials warn of another COVID-19 wave, urge … Read more
- COVID-19 update for June 29: Canada extends COVID-19 border measures until Sept. 30 | BioNTech, Pfizer to start testing universal vaccine for coronaviruses | Quebecers warned to protect themselves as virus spreads again – Vancouver SunCOVID-19 update for June 29: Canada extends COVID-19 border measures … Read more
Symptoms of COVID-19
Those who are infected with COVID-19 may have little to no symptoms. You may not know you have symptoms of COVID-19 because they are similar to a cold or flu.
Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to COVID-19. This is the longest known infectious period for this disease. We are currently investigating if the virus can be transmitted to others if someone is not showing symptoms. While experts believe that it is possible, it is considered less common.
Symptoms have included:
- difficulty breathing
- pneumonia in both lungs
In severe cases, infection can lead to death.
COVID-19 Canada Update Below
On March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) assessed COVID-19 as a pandemic
- On March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization declares the global outbreak of COVID-19 a pandemic.
- On March 9, 2020, Canada confirms its first death related to COVID-19.
- On February 20, 2020, Canada confirms its first case related to travel outside mainland China.
- On February 9, 2020, Canada expands COVID-19 screening requirements for travellers returning from affected areas to 10 airports across 6 provinces.
- On January 30, 2020, the World Health Organization declares the outbreak of COVID-19 a public health event of international concern.
- On January 25, 2020, Canada confirms its first case of COVID-19 related to travel in Wuhan, China.
- On January 22, 2020, Canada implements screening requirements related to COVID-19 for travellers returning from China to major airports in Montréal, Toronto and Vancouver.
- On January 15, 2020, the Public Health Agency of Canada activates the Emergency Operation Centre to support Canada’s response to COVID-19.
- On January 7, 2020, China confirmed COVID-19.
- On December 31, 2019, the World Health Organization was alerted to several cases of pneumonia in Wuhan, China. The virus did not match any other known virus.
COVID-19 US Update Below
|States Reporting Cases of COVID-19 to CDC*|