All the latest update about Covid -19 is posted here. Government of Canada’s information line for COVID-19
- Update on the COVID-19 situation in Canada – January 27, 2023 – Canada.caUpdate on the COVID-19 situation in Canada – January 27, … Read more
- STATEMENT – Update on the COVID-19 situation in Canada … – Canada NewsWireSTATEMENT – Update on the COVID-19 situation in Canada … Canada … Read more
- COVID still a concern despite drop in flu, RSV cases: expert – CTV NewsCOVID still a concern despite drop in flu, RSV cases: … Read more
Symptoms of COVID-19
Those who are infected with COVID-19 may have little to no symptoms. You may not know you have symptoms of COVID-19 because they are similar to a cold or flu.
Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to COVID-19. This is the longest known infectious period for this disease. We are currently investigating if the virus can be transmitted to others if someone is not showing symptoms. While experts believe that it is possible, it is considered less common.
Symptoms have included:
- difficulty breathing
- pneumonia in both lungs
In severe cases, infection can lead to death.
COVID-19 Canada Update Below
On March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) assessed COVID-19 as a pandemic
- On March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization declares the global outbreak of COVID-19 a pandemic.
- On March 9, 2020, Canada confirms its first death related to COVID-19.
- On February 20, 2020, Canada confirms its first case related to travel outside mainland China.
- On February 9, 2020, Canada expands COVID-19 screening requirements for travellers returning from affected areas to 10 airports across 6 provinces.
- On January 30, 2020, the World Health Organization declares the outbreak of COVID-19 a public health event of international concern.
- On January 25, 2020, Canada confirms its first case of COVID-19 related to travel in Wuhan, China.
- On January 22, 2020, Canada implements screening requirements related to COVID-19 for travellers returning from China to major airports in Montréal, Toronto and Vancouver.
- On January 15, 2020, the Public Health Agency of Canada activates the Emergency Operation Centre to support Canada’s response to COVID-19.
- On January 7, 2020, China confirmed COVID-19.
- On December 31, 2019, the World Health Organization was alerted to several cases of pneumonia in Wuhan, China. The virus did not match any other known virus.
COVID-19 US Update Below
|States Reporting Cases of COVID-19 to CDC*|